First-class technical translations into Swedish provided by a qualified and experienced professional.
I’m Hans Karlson, the owner and main translator in Lingua Franca. Together with a trusted network of colleagues we provide high quality translations into Swedish for the technical domains.
Key facts about me:
- Qualified linguist: MA in English, French and linguistics, Lund University, Sweden
- Certified language teacher
- Over 30 years of experience in technical translation for: automotive industry, electronics, electrical, mechanical and civil engineering and software
- Detail-oriented quality assurance provider for the whole team
- Translated for well-known brands, including Aston Martin, Bentley, Jaguar Cars Ltd, Hitachi, Honda, Harley Davidson and more
See full portfolio here
1968-73 Studies at Lund University in English, French, linguistics and phonetics with a Master's degree
1973-74 French language studies, Pau University (France)
1974-75 Teacher's training college
- 1976-79 Language teacher secondary school
- 1980-88 Language teacher vocational training centre for adults
- 1989- Part-time freelance translator
- 1989-91 Language teacher and developer at Educational Association of Professional Employees
- 1992-93 Language teacher vocational training centre for adults
- 1994-96 Language teacher with a private company
- 1997-98 Language teacher vocational training centre for adults
- 1998- Full-time freelance technical translator into Swedish
From September 2015: Employed by Citroën as an external consultant, where Lingua Franca delivers primary translations, proofreading and coordination of translations from French through the PSA system in direct contact with the team at PSA, freelance translators and the contact person at Citroën.
Would you like to work with me and my team?
Get in touch!